If sheer volume of analysis is any gauge of interest, then the value of a good night’s sleep is of intense fascination to researchers. In 2023 alone, various studies have suggested that a lack of sleep…
- Can put you at a higher risk of heart disease.
- Makes it harder to stick to exercise and diet goals.
- Puts you at greater risk for developing asthma.
- Reduces your immune response to vaccination.
- Raises the risk of diabetes.
- Doubles the risk of clogged leg arteries.
If all that isn’t enough to make you rethink your bedtime, yet another 2023 study says that nearly 10% of all deaths can be attributed to poor sleep patterns.
If you don’t get enough rest, be it by choice or because you suffer from a sleep disorder, The American Academy of Sleep Education offers a wealth of information to help you snooze better, including a bedtime calculator and sleep diary.