COVID-19 Resource CenterHere to Help.
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a rush of new federal and state laws to address the need for testing and treatment of the coronavirus, in addition to resulting issues from work and child care changes. Many of these rules directly affect MedBen clients, so it’s critical for group plan sponsors to understand their added responsibilities.
For your convenience, this Resource Center contains links to a range of useful COVID-19 information, as well as regulatory summaries prepared by MedBen.
MedBen clients with questions regarding the content of this page may contact MedBen Senior Vice President Caroline Fraker at 800-851-0907 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FEDERAL MANDATES AND GUIDANCE REGARDING HEALTH PLANS
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act – H. R. 6201 (“FFCRA”)
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Stimulus Act – H. R. 748 (“CARES Act”)
- U. S. Department of Labor FFCRA Questions and Answers
- Department of Labor FFCRA Model Notice
- Department of Labor FFCRA Model Notice FAQs
- Department of Labor Temporary Rule – Paid Leave Under FFCRA
- Department of Labor FAQs Part 42: FFCRA and CARES Act Implementation
- Department of Labor FAQs Part 43: FFCRA and CARES Act Implementation
- Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) Extension of Certain Timeframes for Employee Benefit Plans Participants, and Beneficiaries Affected by COVID-19 Outbreak
- FFCRA Employer Paid Leave Requirements
- FFCRA Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Internal Revenue Service COVID-19-Related Tax Credits for Required Paid Leave Provided by Small and Midsize Businesses FAQs
- IRS Notice 2020-15 – COVID-19 HDHP Guidance
- IRS Notice 2020-29 – COVID-19 Guidance under § 125 Cafeteria Plans and Related to High Deductible Health Plans
- IRS Notice 2020-33 – Section 125 Cafeteria Plans – Modification of Permissive Carryover Rule for Health Flexible Spending Arrangements and Clarification Regarding Reimbursements of Premiums by Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangements
- MedBen COVID-19 Chart of Effective Dates
STATE MANDATES AND GUIDANCE REGARDING HEALTH PLANS
- Ohio Department of Insurance Bulletin 2020-02 (Access to Coverage for Ohioans Impacted by the COVID-19 Virus)
- Ohio Department of Insurance Bulletin 2020-02 FAQs
- Ohio Department of Insurance Bulletin 2020-03 (Health Insurance Coverage Flexibility for Ohio Employers)
- Ohio Department of Insurance Bulletin 2020-03 FAQs
- Ohio Department of Insurance Bulletin 2020-05 (COVID-19 Testing and Treatment: Out-of-Network Coverage)
- Tennessee Executive Order Nos. 14, 15, 19, 20, and 24 (Suspending Provisions of Certain Statutes and Rules in Order to Facilitate the Treatment and Containment of COVID-19)
- Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance Bulletin 20-02 (COVID-19 Guidance to Health Carriers)
- Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance Bulletin 20-02 (COVID-19 Guidance to Carriers)
FEDERAL AGENCIES FAQs
- U. S. Department of Labor COVID-19 and the Family and Medical Leave Act Questions and Answers
- U. S. Department of Labor COVID-19 and the Fair Labor Standards Act Questions and Answers
- U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (CMS) FAQ on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19) March 12, 2020
- U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (CMS) FAQ on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) March 18, 2020
- U. S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) – What You Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and COVID-19
- Enforcement Discretion Under HIPAA To Allow Uses and Disclosures of Protected Health Information by Business Associates for Public Health and Health Oversight Activities in Response to COVID–19 (Interim Final Rules)
- COVID-19 FAQs for Participants and Beneficiaries
- Guidance and Relief for Employee Benefit Plans Due to the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Outbreak
- IRS Filing and Payment Deadlines Questions and Answers
STOP-LOSS CARRIER COVID-19 STATEMENTS
SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Need more information?
Now that you have read the MedBen 2020 Client Report, we'd appreciate it if you could take a moment to let us know whether you agree or disagree with the following statements pertaining to the report. If your plan isn't currently using a specific service mentioned below, select "N/A" (Not Applicable). Thank you for helping us to serve you better!